Sunday 5 May 2013

Rich and poor in the Islamic perspective

by: Hanry Marifatulloh
Once I asked a friend about the meaning of life. I asked with a light to him, "what the hell are you to school and go to school anymore?", He replied with a soft "yes for the rich", he replied. This simple word jolt to my heart. Then I asked turning back, "why should the rich, not to worship or seek knowledge?", He replied with a no-load, "Yes, if I kayakan I could help someone else, if I was rich I could give."
The simple warm conversation to date imprint my hearts, I hope my friend rizka rahman still remember him, and may Allah have mercy on him always. Perhaps it normal for the few, but very unusual for me, because a lot of friends who were asked the same thing, they replied with an answer that cliche, like studying lah or so. But my friend said this one vividly clear and powerful, in my opinion. My lecture is to seek blessings of Allah at its core, but I also was not hypocritical that spirit to be rich there, of course, the rich blessings, which blessed by Allah SWT. Moreover, yesterday I read a book called "I do not want to be rich but to be rich", his AA Gym, after reading the book I remembered that earlier percakaan, and in that book I also understand that it is a necessity rich and in syari'atkan in religion of Islam. To become rich that we as Muslims should not want it but we as Muslims harusn rich ... well now the question is, what if after the rich we are not prepared to accept, as the story of a dead swallow Qorun own property, how the wealth that makes us forget the Hereafter and more love the world. Well that's why friends, before we rich we must prepare to pick up the wealth. Ie with more Mengel Allah SWT, because wealth is not a problem for people who fear Him. In the eyes of Allah's people rich and poor are equal, and for us it was an ordeal, and in the eyes of Allah is the most pious only the most noble course.
To my knowledge there are preachers or penulisyang requires Muslims was rich, but on the other hand there are many preachers who notebene graduates of the schools do not live rich. He even enjoy the life that I thought for a moment look at the phenomenon. Should not the rich rich people in Indonesia, especially the kampong my religious teachers and preachers, so of course I think they are better understood and more pious religion. Well that is a question my hearts, whether it was fate, or what? But to my knowledge most of them want to live like that, For fear that the rich be forgotten hereafter as I mentioned earlier ... but if my opinion does not anyway if you want to live rich for fear of forgetting the Hereafter is fine but it should still have a more worldly possessions , and has a good work ethic. Rosululloh king like life very simple but abundant riches offered to the people. Before I know, I know that the Prophet of poverty, distress, my first thought was Prophet possessed poor in the sense of excess property. But as I now know more about the Prophet king, he was evidently wealthy, he acquired property more, but even so his life is not rich or very simple, why do so because he was with his wealth ascetic, ascetic here in the sense it is not allowed to own property abundant but his heart is not related to or in love with the property. So we too should follow the example of Prophet, we must be rich but we should not love our treasure it. If it says aa gym, we wear shoes like we just not enough foot is stored hearts as well, meaning that if we had not made their wealth and pride do not make a miserable loss.
Well if so then the question arises again then why should we rich??? Why do we have to be rich, so obviously it's wealth as a means of us reaching for the blessing of Allah. If we were rich we could bersodakoh, berinfak more from people whose wealth a little, we could hajj, we can create a boarding school, we can member employment opportunities for homeless and beggars, and we can show that Islam is rahmatan lil 'alamim, buakankah every prayer we ask for happiness in the world and the Hereafter ...
[In this article I just wanted to express what I understand from the above problems, hopefully be an inspiration. But if there is an error on my writing very haturkan apologize profusely. Because, to be honest heart is afraid that all my writing actually is not entirely in accordance with my attitude, but hopefully with my writing can be giroh and inspirasa for myself. I am also still trying to learn to be the best people. May Allah always keep my sincerity and bless me, and continues to forgive my mistakes .... Ameen.]

No comments:

Post a Comment